What are the hot topics in travel this weekend? That’s the question I’ll be answering on the Duncan Barkes programme on talkSport late Friday/early Saturday as Hit the North continues its regular, late-night travel slot.
And this week there’s a twist: I’ll be live in Leeds, researching a story for Heritage magazine and checking out plans for this year’s Yorkshire Day celebrations on August 1st.
Amongst the topics under discussion are the following:
* Planning a post-World Cup holiday? Good reasons to try Portugal or Greece
* Hunt wants us to holiday at home, but where is he taking his hols?
* Tony Benn does it sitting down
* Plus an on-the-spot report from Leeds
If you’ve got any questions, ideas, comments or thoughts, post them below and we’ll get them on the air.
Cast your mind back. In a previous incarnation, Hit the North used to blog about a travel-talk slot I used do for radio station CityTalk. The erstwhile breakfast show presenter, Duncan Barkes, has now moved to talkSport.
Hit the North will be joining Duncan for late-night travel discussion from Saturday, May 5th onwards. Programme details here. Tun in to catch us on DAB or online.
This week, we will be discussing the following:
- Travelodge sleep Police; story here
- Survey shows cheapest holiday destinations this summer; story here
- Bed & Fed – cheaper than a B&B, better than dossing on a mate’s sofa; story here
- Boring but useful advice on how not to screw up at the World Cup; story here
So, got any comments, questions, random thoughts or mad urges to voice your opinion?
Add a comment below and we’ll get it on the air.
Filed under Radio, Travel